Friday, June 18, 2010

Can double-processed hair be low-lighted?

I recently had my hair double-processed to an all-over blond and I'm really not happy with how it looks. I went back to the salon and had low-lights added in two different colors; the sides took really well and I'm pleased with how that area looks. My problem is with my crown area and the area just around my face. It is a very orangey-yellow blond without much dimension, and looks very artificial, especially in comparison to rest of my hair. The stylist said that the crown area was too porous to take the lowlights....I understand the concept of bleaching and porousity; my question is more of what my next step should be. Before all this I was a light ashy brown heavily highlighted to a light cool blonde. I would really like to get back to this look (with more dimension) as soon as I can. I'm really fair and this color really looks awful with my skin. Please help, I feel quite ugly and have a class reunion coming up in a little over a month! Thanks for your help!



Can double-processed hair be low-lighted?

Your stylist is right. With so much damage from the bleach, and double processing, there's not much you can do. I guess you could try extensions, or putting your hair up in a ponytail then adding on a hairpiece to that (they are much cheaper and look nice for special occasions). Other than that, you're gonna have to keep trimming it and letting it grow out again.



Can double-processed hair be low-lighted?

cut it all off and buy a wig! lol!



Can double-processed hair be low-lighted?

I agree with the second poster. I also wouldn't put your hair through any more trauma than it has already been in because your crown area sounds like it is just too damaged too take any more coloring. Think of your hair like a sponge; a fresh sponge works really well, soaking up everything, but as the sponge wears out, it just doesn't hold anything anymore. You can always wear a head band for your reunion, they're are in this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd