Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why do Parents put Color& Highlights in their young Daughters Hair these days?

I'm a Teacher in an elementary school--and I notice that MANY of the young girls ages 6 to 11 years old are having their hair Dyed Blond (from brunette), and many of them have blond streaks and highlights. The kids tell me their Moms are doing this.



I'm 30--so I guess their Parents are about my age %26amp; younger--but I dont understand why a Mom would do such a thing to a young daughter. When I was a kid, kids were expected to look and act like kids.



Isn't that too advanced? Are there no longer lines seperating adults from children anymore?



Is this teaching also young girls that blond is better?



Do you do this???--Please tell me WHY. I am a Teacher and I am very CURIOUS.



Why do Parents put Color%26amp; Highlights in their young Daughters Hair these days?

I'm a teacher too, and I know what you mean. I used to freak at the late tweens and what was happening with them, but now as you say, it's happening younger. The moms are just out of it, that's all I can say. Let alone what it says about our sad media culture, why inflict the threats of cancer by dying little girls' hair?



I have a sister with 2 girls, she's a nurse - educated, employed. However, she has "used" her youngest daughter, now almost 12, like a little barbie guinea pig - like she's a little mannequin to dress up, face to paint, and hair to style. Actually, I think it's some sick form of living vicariously through a daughter - sad for the mom.



Goes with the clothing, too - don't get me started!



Why do Parents put Color%26amp; Highlights in their young Daughters Hair these days?

Haha, actually yea i do this too. Im 12 years old, and ive changed my hair since i was i guess 10? But what i think is that children see their mom dying their hair, and they want to do it too. Then other children think its cool, and it's kind of a fad sort of thing. Like when one person thinks its cool, the other's catch on and want the same things. And if you don't have it, people will think you're 'uncool.' But i've never seen young kids do that. Even now in middle school, im the only one with dyed hair. Streaks or whatever. Maybe where you live, things are different. :/



Why do Parents put Color%26amp; Highlights in their young Daughters Hair these days?

I've realized this too. I don't really see much of a problem with it though because when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, my mom gave me this super early nineties perm that made my bangs extra poofy, but I thought it was cool. It was just fun to do things like that with my mom and I know she got a kick out of it too. Kind of like a mother daughter bonding thing. We had alot of fun deciding what kind of hairstyle I would get to have next time. Of course there were boundaries, but it was all in good fun.



What I don't understand is how there are all these 6-10 year old girls dressing like they are 16 or 17 in mini skirts and tube tops. There are so many things wrong with that.



Why do Parents put Color%26amp; Highlights in their young Daughters Hair these days?

Most parents are now drawing a line for their children, I see kids using expensive bag and toys, they do seem to appreciate what they have in their life as much as the older generation, if you go to the supermarket, you will find all these magazine with young star on the cover with strange outfit either too short or too explosive, unnameable nail color and piercing, even Barbie dye their hair in different color, people no longer try to promote education but only product to make money.



Weight is another issue, most of them either over weight or under weight and try to be the next Hilton or Lohan.



Parents should be responsible for all their kids' action and image, not to mention inner beauty (some of them would ask: What is inner beauty, and who cares).



Why do Parents put Color%26amp; Highlights in their young Daughters Hair these days?

The big thing now a days is to dye your hair purple,red, any outragous colour, to make a statment,,,to say we are individuals,different then the person beside me..This to I think is a bit much,,when I was younger,,never did the girls dye their hair heck now the boys are right into this aswell..I think the parents are to busy now with their own lives and do what ever the youngster asks fore,,just to keep the peace...Image is the most important thing these days and society is to blame,,your to fat,,to skinny,,hair ugly,,clothes are not in style...society unfortunately to blame and we are sucked into this frame of mind..I feel for the young ppl today they have a rough road ahead of them...Thats my take on this situation..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd